Facemelting w/Chad Sakac Pt.1 – The CTO Advisor Podcast 088
We finally got Chad Sakac on the podcast. It only took Chad taking a role at Pivotal to get him on. As with his blog, Chad can run a little long so we split the conversation into two episodes. The first episode focuses on the growth and customer demand for HCI.
- 3:30 – Facemelting numbers from the DellEMC Converged business
- 7:00 – Customers want HCI
- 11:15 – What’s the market for VxBLOCK when HCI is a rocketship?
- 12:30 – SAP HANA on HCI vs. CI
- 16:00 – Sometimes we don’t care about vendor certification
- 18:30 – The importance of software vs. hardware